sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2003 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 3.0 V6 Elegegance. Engine light

2003 Mitsubishi ***** 3.0 V6 Elegegance. Engine light has come on, diagnostic reading code P0125 generic insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop fuel control.
What can I do to rectify please.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** tell me what I have to do, to rectify the problem.

Dear customer, as you should have seen in your research or I do not know if you have already checked it. This error code represent a problem with the normal working temperature of the engine.
Let me explain you, your engine has a dispositive known as thermostat which is in charge of open and close the water/coolant pass according to the temperature that the vehicle has. to make the car warms up as soon as possible and get to its normal working temperature.

It is necessary that the car reach its normal working temperature to make the regulate of fuel change. All this is monitoring by the ECM(electric control module) this regulate for the vehicle emissions be the lower possible and the performance of the car be the better possible.

In this aspects are involve several parts that need to be checked to sorted out the problem

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** check the thermostat?

First we are going to check the coolant status, its level an see if it is not dirt.
Then with a more advanced scanner, preferably the dealer scanner or a scanner with the Mitsubishi software. We will watch how the temperature rise up amd it will not present variation and rise in a balance way.
If we watch that the temperature sensor is ok and it does not have any kind of problems, then, we are going to proceed to disassemble the thermostat and make sure that it not stuck and it is opening and closing in a proper way (it is normal that thermostats get damage and eliminate them because some persons consider it as a low utility part. But it is false)
If we watch that the aspects I mentioned before are ok, we now have to disassemble the coolant system including the radiator to make a internal clean. It has to be done for specialists because they use special chemicals.
Finally, once all this is done if you watch that the problem persist, I recommend you to check the computers and its modules (the ECM as the PCM i mentioned before)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****

Your welcome dear customer, it is a pleasure can help.

Please do not remember to rate my service by selecting at 5 stars rating system at the top of your screen.

In that way you help me grow in the platform.

Regards, Sebastian.