sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

07 S Type. Auto. fault lights on dash ABS fault, Gearbox

07 S Type. Auto. AMBER fault lights on dash ABS fault, Gearbox Fault,
DSC not available.
Could the gearbox fault be electrical.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, are you online?

Dear customer, this type of failures can come from many factors, first let me explain you about the indicators that are turning up on your dashboard, the ABS system is an anti-lock system of the wheels, this allows tje car to less rough braking, reducing the probabilities of skidding or sliding when performing a smooth brake on all 4 wheels.

The DSC system is the dinamic stability control

This system works with the suspension and the front train of the vehicle, you may have problems in these aspects or simply the sensors may be defective

Dear customer, my recommendation for the year of your vehicle is to do a well done maintenance to your transmission, replacing the gearbox fluids and its internal filters, because with the pass of the time, the oil loses their Viscosity properties, causing transmission failures.

At the same time, I recommend you to perform a reset and programming to the TCM (Transmission control module) with an automotive diagnostic equipment that has the Jaguar software. Observe the error codes to take into account which sensors or selenoids are being affected, delete them and reprogram the TCM.
If the problem persist, with the error codes that we observe, proceed to check the wires first, to find out if you are having defects in broken cables, worn connectors etc.

Finally, check internally the solenoids or valves body, to see which is the reason that is causing the failure and if it is necessary to replace it.
It also may be necessary to replace the transmission.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.