Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2014 vw golf and there is water in the spare wheel

I have a 2014 vw golf and there is water in the spare wheel well.Any suggestions?Thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
sorry have no supporting documents

1st thing to check is the state of the rear light seals as there have been issues with these not sealing - if you remove the trim in the boot so you can see the back of the light and then play a hose over each one and inspect the light back to signs of water ingress

If the car has AC then this could be the AC drain pipe thats come adrift or is clogged under the car and backing up the system.

To get to the pipe you access it from under the car

Also worth checking that the door and hatch seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt