Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

We have a Fiat 500c 4years old,sometimes the car will

Hi, we have a Fiat 500c 4years old,sometimes the car will slowdown as if the brakes have been applied, when facing down hill the car would not roll forward, the front nearside wheel was boiling hot compared to the other, the local Fiat garage has replaced the front nearside brake pads as they were badly worn compared to the left hand side, my wife has taken the car to work and it seemed to go well, though on touching the wheels the right hand side is boiling hot again, like the calliper holding on, what do you think ?.

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Sounds like a seizing brake caliper to me.

I would ask the last repairer if they had trouble retracting the piston, or the slides were dry.

Could also be a delaminating front brake hose.

Gary

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks Gary will try to contact garage see if i can find out some more information, thanks and regards, ***** *****

Hi Alan,

I'll be here if you need more help, after you get some info.

Gary