sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Renault megane cc has an issue with the dashboard lights

My Renault megane cc has an issue with the dashboard lights being permanently on. This drains the battery so I have to remove and charge the battery. When it is charged we put the battery back but the lights still remain on. The alternator has been checked and it is okay. Can you help please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All the lights on the dashboard eg the brake light, seat belt light all go of. It is the back light that stays on.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, these problems although they do not seem common are common.
The currents that always remain in operation even with the car off are known as parasitic currents, they are currents that gradually drain the batteries For some reason are directly powered by the voltage of the battery. To sorted out this, first, you have to do is check all the fuses and the relays, removing them off one by one until this light goes off when you observe that when you remove the relay the light goes off, you have to replace the relay because it is unfortunately defective and it does not regulate the voltage. If you note that there is no relay causing this problem you will have to disarm the board and search the entire light circuit until you get to the controller which can be on the switch or directly to the battery and correct it.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.
Regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Could you let me know where all the fuses are. This would help. My car is a Renault megane coupe cabriolet year 2004. I believe there are some in the glove box. As I am in my own it would be very helpful.

Of course dear customer. I will attach you a reference video link where you will see it, it may vary a little bit.
https://es.carcarekiosk.com/video/2003_Renault_Megane_Authentique_1.5L_4_Cyl._Turbo_Diesel/fusible_interior/cambio