sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My car won’t start this morning all the lights went on, on

Hi there my car won’t start this morning all the lights went on, on the dashboard but won’t start and brakes felt hard

Hello, I am Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, how many miles have your car? does it have leaks? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
220
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
230 000

Dear customer what have happenned to you is that the inmobilizer system of your vehicle could have gotten activate. Please let me explain you what the inmobilizer system is:
The electronic inmobilizer protect your car through a chip programmed with a electronic code integrated to the key. It is compound of a unique code invariant and a second code that the inmobilizer change each time the engine start on.
When you start on the car, the immobilizer verify first the personal (unique) code and then the variant code. If both are correct, the immobilizer send an encrypted electronic signal to the DME ( Digital Motor Electronic) to unlock the engine. Without these signal, you cannot turn on the engine, even if you do a by-pass or short you cannot turn on the engine.
The immobilizer may be not detecting the code of your key so i recomend you to call to your technical support that program the keys and can go to your place and reprogram the inmobilizer wihout problems. i want to highlight that the central lock system have nothing to do with the inmobilizer so you can open and lock your car and also turn on the stereo and everything else as usual.
What you have to do first is a check the car with a BMW scanner or with an independent garage that owns a scanner with BMW software. Also you should reprogram the keys and with the same key programmer the immobilizer can be reprogrammed too.