sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2010 Santa Fe automatic had black smoke coming from the

Customer Question

My 2010 Santa Fe automatic had black smoke coming from the differential gear box ( is that sometimes called the transaxle?) It seems to be maintenance free as it's not mentioned in the service data. I had the oil changed at a gearbox repair place. He said there were no unusual noises so it should be ok. The car had been towing my caravan when the smoke appeared. Had Green Flag get me home. Yours thoughts would b e appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
dear customer, would you tell me please the engine, mileage, and if it is 4x4 or 4x2? thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2.2 diesel 40,000 miles and its a 4x4

Dear customer, the oil change had to be made at 30k miles, unlike what the manuals and agencies say, By personal recommendation this increases the lifetime of your transmission.
in respect the caravan, you can tow your caravan, as long as you have the 4 × 4 activated, in that way the torque generated in the box by the weight is distributed with the Transfer, then you can be quiet, but do not forget to have the 4x4 activated, Further the problem you had, had to solve with the oil replacement. Because it was neccesary to do it.

Is it Ok dear customer? would you like help with something else?