sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 1992 (J reg) 1lt petrol 3 door hatchback volkswagen

Customer Question

I have a 1992 (J reg) 1lt petrol 3 door hatchback volkswagen polo "the old breadvan".
the radiator fan does not work, I have tried radiator temperature sensor, could you tell me where the radiator relay is please.
I have noticed two relays just above the fuse box, is the fan relay one of these?
Many thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer when you be online, let me know. thanks.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
im online now
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Dear customer, The relay is in the fuse box and under the bonnet near the engine and battery, I do not know the exact position of the relay in the box, but I recommend you do the following:

Disconnect the temperature sensor and check if the fan turns on, if it does not turn on you have problems with the fan.
If it is OK, first check the electric fan relay doing the next:
disconnect the temperature sensor.
Change the relays in search of the damaged one, one by one connect it in the fan relay the relays that are ok, will turn on the fan. When you observe the one that does not activate the fan replace it
Please also verify visually all the fuses, if you notice that even exchanging the relays and all the fuses are in good condition, the electric fan does not start please proceed to check the wire branch of electric-fan

Even after you checked all what i told you before, everything is correct and the fan still does not start, please disassemble the fan motor and check it because, it suffers damage inside. For example in the coals causing it does not work properly, and may require a replacement

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. how have your problem evolved? is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,