sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933
Car

I have mitshubishi colt 1.3 2009 i have my car so many times

Hi i have mitshubishi colt... Show More
Hi i have mitshubishi colt 1.3 2009 i have my car so many times in different garages nobody can find what making scraping noice on front of my passenger wheel now they start this sound in driver side too it’s very loud when car stay over night and cool down when I start in morning and move in to first speed hump it going crazy when car wormed up u can heard only sometime over speed hump, when u go over some whole on road etc. We give up all been check by garage couple time and they claim is noting wrong can u help? Thank u
Show Less

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, i would like to know the mileage and the kind of fuel the car use. thanks.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago.
Petrol and 120 000 miles
Customer reply replied 18 days ago.
I already pay and don’t get any answers
Customer reply replied 18 days ago.
Only more question

Dear customer, excuse me the question i did before and my delay. It is normal that due the mileage of the vehicle generates certain wear that cause noise, as I am not with the vehicle and I do not know the repair history about what has been done in the vehicle, I will proceed to generalize. If you have already made certain revisions of what I am suggesting please tell me what this will help me to specify a little more in your help.

Well, first you indicated that you hear a noise in the passenger wheel and the driver's side and that it is very noisy when the vehicle is cold.
Now, the first thing we should check are the condition of the brakes of the caliper and the bands or the brake pads, it may be that the cold causes the brake pads to crystallize and that make them stick, this generates noises and a little vibration when starting, I suppose that this was the first thing that you reviewed.
So, I am going to proceed to dig a little deeper , there is in each end of the axle on each side a movable part known as the cv joints or homokinetic band (film). This is in charge of receiving the torque to transmission to let the wheels rotate, this part must be very well lubricated. In addition to protected it is ic cover by a rubber in form of an accordion. It happens usually that this piece, being metallic and subjected to so many vibrations, wears away, causing it to become stiffer over time and cause certain noises and vibrations and according to the mileage of the vehicle. I considere that if you have not replaced it. This is the time.

Once reviewed these factors, proceed to analyze the transmission, I do not have specific if your transmission is manual or automatic, but I understand that when you tell me what you move at first speed is because the vehicle is manual, another factor that you are indicating important is that when you are over speed the car hump.
I do not know if the clutch kit have been already replaced. If not, I recommend you to check it, you may have problems in the flywheel. That is in charge of pushing the plate and disc for the coupling of the gear, but I imagine that you could have reviewed this.

So let's keep digging deeper into this aspect and I recommend that you review a part that the technicians sometimes put aside, and these are the gearbox and transmission bearing- This bearing is the main responsible for transmitting torque without generating friction in the gearbox, as you indicated what happened first one side and then the other side. This is an important factor whiich means that one could have worn out first and then wore the second. This bearing is in the gearbox and to replace it, it is necessary to check the gearbox not only the gaskets of it, if these bearings have not taken them into account, I recommend you to proceed immediately to check them and the cv joins. it is very likely that you are presenting problems in these.

Dear customer all these factors mentioned above have been already reviewed?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago.
Thank u for your help already have solved the problem it was absolutely something else then what u suggest in your answer but it is easy to fixed need two small parts which I already bought and I am booked in to my local garage thanks for your help

You are welcome dear customer, thanks for your reply. I am glad you have already sorted out the problem.
If you wish, would you please rate de service please? by selecting in the 5stars rating system at top of your screen. Thank you very much.
Cheers, Sebastian.