sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Unable to identify groaning noise when turning steering

Customer Question

unable to identify groaning noise when turning steering wheel also when pulling away in first gear.
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, are you online?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello, yes im online
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer, Thank you for your reply.
i would like to know, Is your steering wheel electro-assisted?
were the rubber supports of the train front and shock absorbers replaced?
Did you change the CV joint? Thanks.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes the CV joints have been replaced. the front suspension arms including ball joints and track rod ends
have also been replaced.
Robin
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello Dear Robin, in this case i considered that your problem is not in the front
train necessarily because you have performed maintenance on it, but it is a problem on the suspension and the supports both the engine and the gearbox that you should check, as you indicate You feel a variation in first speed, These are indications that there is some problem in the gearbox supports, these supports are the ones that hold the gearbox in the vehicle, the rubber in this suppors are normal to wear out with the passing of time, I consider that these are important and you should check them, the engine supports are also necessary. In addition you may also be presenting a problem in the shock absorbers rubbers and spirals which with the passage of time also wear out.

I do not rule out a problem in the steering but first proceed with the aforementioned aspects.

Please let me know how it goes

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. how have your problem evolved? is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,