sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vw polo 1.2 cgp engine timing chain which damaged inlet

vw polo 1.2 cgp engine timing chain which damaged inlet valves 6 in total, exhaust valves fine but changed all , rebuilt, timing spot on i think new crank sensor, on trying to start found no spark to spark plugs however voltage is at coil pack (12v)
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, would you indicate please if you replaced the ckp sensor and if you have scanned the vehicle.
if you already scanned the vehicle, please give me the error codes the scanner showed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I at work at mo it was camshaft censer out of ailment and abs not present I will put com back on when I get in the glen

Hello dear customer.

Dear customer, have you is scanned the car? If so, would you please indicate me the error codes. Thanks.
What you indicate, having different and unrelated indicators, it's a symptom of a deprogrammed ECU. I would like to give you a better analyze, so that's why I would like to see the error codes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to morrow will be better I still at work so I tell you tomorrow many thx will that be Ok?
Of course dear customer! I will wait for you. Do not worry!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi codes uo121 abs po341 . po201 . po203 . [ po202 ] was on now off the last 3 codes was not on when first tern over. let me know what time to call you many thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where do we go from hear you said you was goin to speak to me ?
Dear customer, at the moment I am not available to speak by phone. If you do not have problem, I can continue this chat. Will be ok?
The phone request is open for other experts, so if some of them want to take the call, there's no problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no prob just want to get car started and i need help what do i do next
Thanks desr customer for your reply, Please allow me to verify certain things about error codes and I will be back to you.

Hello dear customer, i am back. Sorry for my delay i had to go out to solve an issue an it took more time than i thought.

The code U0121 is regarding to ABS, so this does not cause the vehicle to not turn on.
The codes P0203 and P0202 are faults in injectors 2 and 3, but I think we should proceed first to correct first the code P0341 iwhich is the one that is causing the vehicle not to turn on, this code indicates a problem in the reading of the camshaft sensor, it is not synchronized or it is not detectecting the synchronize with respect to the crankshaft, this happens for various reasons that I will try to cover in my explanation.

As you told me the timing is right, so I would be look for an electrical fault, but before I would like that you to indicate if you have replaced the camshaft and the whole timing kit, including the gears.

If so, the camshaft sensor may be defective, as you indicated to me the CKP sensor was replaced so it is okay that we do not proceed to replace it.
If these sensors are correct and working as usual
We must proceed to check the wire branch and its connectors on both sensors. Also check when the chamber or cylinder head was disassembled, it did not pull the wire branch, causing the connectors to came out of their place or a cable to split.
Also check the that computer has not had any mishap when trying to start the vehicle.

In addition, it may happen that the crown where the crankshaft sensor receives the reading (The crown is that gear where the CKP is reading the time) has some defect
As you see, there are several factors that would be altered and you should review

As you see, there are several factors that would be altered and you should review.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the cam shaft has not been replaced but it did have a little nick on the cencer lobe

That is likely the defect that is causing the problem dear customer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
k i cee if the [lobe] witch we call it. proper name [crown] a screwdriver got trapped where ckp hole is and made a tiny mark surly its not that? wat a dick i am. should i get a cam /

i am sorry for that.
When more than two valves bend in a cylinder,the seats of the cams the most of the times suffer defects and not work properly or as it should be. if the damage is too big, the cam should be replaced.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my mistake i will change the cams and hope for the best is this the best way to go?

As i said, i first would start for the wire branch then for the cams.
But as you said you have already whatched defects in the cams and the gear of the crankshaft. So, yes this is the best way to proceed.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.
Thank you, ***** *****

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. how have your problem evolved? is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry for not getting back but i been working awaye and having to go back to finish of the job i go thursday when i get back i will contac you i will be getting the top with cams and try that the only place i can get them from is ebay ? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP and when will i pay you

Dear customer, You can contact the parts houses near your town but eBay is a good window where you can access the parts and even reduce some costs, although the shipment cost must be taken into account.

The only payment you have to make me is simply your valuable rating about my service and I would be very grateful. if you could leave a good comment about my attention in the survey what will be presented to you after your rating. In addition if you wish you can leave a tip for the expert which I will know how to appreciate, please I hope you can come back to know how your case is going, thank you very much for trusting Just answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi i have put my vw polo on diagnostics after replacing cams and top end, camshaft sensor code has cleared and now sparking. so you was right with cam change many thanks. can't thank you enough. but will still not start. codes are showing on diagnostics are p0202, p0203, p0201, p0264, p0261 and p0267. many thanks Glen.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have dun a check on voltage to injectors and only 2.4 volts