sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I recently bought Audi A6 2003 tiptronic. It was OK till

Hi there. I recently bought Audi A6 2003 tiptronic . It was OK till now, but today while driving at high speed 60m/h the engine went as high as 5000 and it felt like someone put it in first gear suddenly . I tried to accelerate but the engine was revving like it was on neutral. I managed to get it home somehow. Can you tell me what you reckon it is. Is this happened before to someone else.
I will sincerely ***** ***** help.
Many thanks in advance.Kind regards,
Vasil

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in Justanswer.com Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, I want to apologize for all the delay I have had, it has been a complicated week. I am available now attentive to your questions and doubts, I am very thankful for your patience to wait.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello Jose, here's my question. Hi there. I recently bought Audi A6 2003 tiptronic . It was OK till now, but today while driving at high speed 60m/h the engine went as high as 5000 and it felt like someone put it in first gear suddenly . I tried to accelerate but the engine was revving like it was on neutral. Imanaged to get it home somehow. Can you tell me what you reckon it is. Is this happened before to someone else.
I will sincerely ***** ***** help.
Many thanks in advance
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Something is making the gearbox to go on lowest gear suddenly regardless the speed. I tried it today as well and it still does the same. When the problem is in progress the gear indicator on the dash board doesn't work properly, it doesn't show in which gear I'm etc the moment

Dear customer, this type of problems in the triptonic gearbox may depend on many factors. For example, you may be having a problem in the oil, i see that your vehicle is 2003, so, the gearbox oil and filter must have been replaced long time ago. Happen that this gearboxes work with oil pressure, when the viscosities are affected suffer this type of failure in which one gear suddenly changes to another due a low oil pressure, a major problem you may be presenting is in the selenoids of the triptonic gearbox which when being activated the selenoids of the fourth or fifth gear, it is triggered to the first selenoid causing a sudden change in the transmission and increasing the rpms suddenly, forcing the engine.
You may also have a problem in the electrical system of the triptonic gearbox which may be out of its operating programming. As you can see, there are several factors that can be causing your failure and from my position is very difficult to diagnose accurately, but do not worry I'm sure that with a good automotive diagnosis made with a scanner tool with the Audi software, you will get the error codes relate to your failure and the triptonic gearbox.
So, do not worry about it, firstly, go to an Audi dealership or an Audi specialist garage with a scanner with the software.
This is the main starting point to solve your failure.
Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will go for scanner.

Your welcome dear customer, it is a pleasure can help.

Please let me know how it goes with the scan and please rate my service by selecting at the 5 starts rating system at the top of the screen.

Even after your rating, we can keep in touch in this chat.

Cheers, Sebastian.