sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vauxhall corsa 1.2 xsi+, 2004-2006 anti-freeze container

hello!
vauxhall corsa 1.2 xsi+, 2004-2006
anti-freeze container empty, engine gets hot!
re-filled coolant, drove 10 miles, container empty again? im guessing a leak in radiator , but cannot see anything?
should i keep it topped up with water until i can get it into garage? or try an egg white???

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Have you checked for leaks in the hoses and the bottle? thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there are no leaks!???!!

Dear customer, sorry for the delay. I understand your problem and it is common to happens a lot in Corsas, but before carrying out any test like the egg white, it is better to do them in a more technical way, because if the leak is for the water/coolant pump, the egg white can get stuck and over time can damage the pump which would cause the engine to overheat and cause costly repair damage.

Now, I want to tell you about a bowler/pump that is installed in the coolant container which pumps the system raising its pressure, with this pump, you will see where the leak is, without putting in risk the cooling system. Before, see if the vehicle is not exhausting white smoke, the white smoke is a symptom that the coolant is entering into the engine by means of the cylinder, this means that the cylinder head gasket or the same cylinder head has a defect but if and only if you have white smoke from the exhaust when the vehicle is turned on.
Do you understand me the tests that I am recommending to you?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian