sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Where can I find the radiator fan switch on my 1999 fiat

Customer Question

Where can I find the radiator fan switch on my 1999 fiat Ducatto van
Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: no, not overheating but when the fan starts normally it won't stop for several hours !
Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Fiat?
Customer: I wish I could type as fast as you. It is a Ducatto14 TD SWB 2500cc Diesel conversion to a motorhome by Swift.
Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I normally do, I am am looking for the switch / sender unit which controls the fan
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou
Category: Car
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would be very grateful if you could keep trying for me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the fan is usually activated for the temperature sensor in the thermostat. and when it is defective cause problem like this, also the actuator can cause this problems.
have you checked them?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, my question was simply "where is the fan control switch / thermostat" if I could find it then I could change it. I assume it is in the water cooling system, ie engine block, somewhere but I cannot locate it.

Dear customer, i will share a video where it is explain how to find the thermostat, i was trying to locate a video or diagram ofyour ducato but i could not find it, so i havee this video where you will watch how to follow the hose to find the thermostat in your van. Please let me know if you find it.
Regards, Sebastian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIC6Z4D6Q3E

Also, if you want, you can attach a picture to help you locate the thermostat and the sensor in a better way.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry but this was a complete waste of time. I am looking for the radiator fan SWITCH. you have told me how it works, I already know this, then you show me how to change the cooling stat, again irrelivent . you clearly have no knowledge of this vehicle model so I will be applying for a refund. Thank you.