Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have just brought a 02 susuki iliana and paid £180 for

Customer Question

I have just brought a 02 susuki iliana and paid £180 for full service, 3 new tyres, and a new battery and a new 12 month mot, Driving it for the first time it kept loosing power, then getting a burst of power, the back didnt feels like it held the road position well. There was also a clicking sound constantly while driving, it stalled approximately every 5 minutes while driving. I parked it up as smelt burning. Can you advice me as intend to contact the garage at 9am when open. Sharon
Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I only aquired the car tonight , I have no idea where the clicking sound is being generated from. Soon as I started to drive the car this was what it was doing, it smelt burning, red engine management light came on, it kept stalling at 5 minute intervals, I collected it from a 2nd hand garage who put 12 months mot, 3 new tyres, and a new batter as said it had been stood for a while. They also charged £180 for a full service. Sharon
Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Suzuki?
Customer: It is a Ilana. 1600 engine size.
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no car knowledge at all, but am upset as just sold my peugeot, and brought this, it was meant to be all up and running well, so paid £375 for the full service, tyres, battery and new mot. Sharon
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It did smell very strongly of burning, and the red engine light was on. It would stall at 5 minute intervals. I parked it up as drove it for approx 20 minutes and i was concerned as wasnt running well, and smelt. I will contact the garage at 9am. Was wondering if there was anything specific I needed to mention to them. Sharon
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, when the service was done, did they check the gaskets of the engine and the compression of the cylinders?

In addition, do you know if the mechanics perform maintenance to the whole fuel system and air intake system? Thanks.