sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Eco mode does not correctly display - no expanding area

Eco mode does not correctly display - no expanding green area
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2014
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no action yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: auto stop start has also stopped working
Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes both OK

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Would you tell me the mileage and what kind of fuel does your car use?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nissan Note 1.2L, Petrol with 36000 miles

Thanks for your reply.
Dear customer, According to the mileage the first thing i noticed is a clear symptom of deprogramming in the vehicle system, let me explain why, the system works with the auxiliary battery, if the batteries are charged and if you are going to active this, it should be working properly as well when a vehicle mode is not activated as the Eco mode is that there must be something on the computer that is not allowing the activation in the software. These are common faults in the Nissan over time and they are not complicated to solve simply one with a scanner with the Nissan software performs a factory data reset to remove all codes that may exist and the software is clean. Then If a error code is generate some other code that is inhibiting the operation of the eco mode, verify what the error code show us, but if it is not you do not have to worry about simply by resetting your factory data your problem will be solved This is why first proceeds to perform the computerized diagnosis with the Nissan software.
Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Sebastian. The other issue was the engine stop/start system when stationery in traffic, I understand that this may not work if the battery is low in power - for example, when the car has just be started and a journey begun - but this system fails to operate even when the battery is fully charged.Any ideas?

Sorry dear customer i could not watch your reply.
This problem is also related with the reprogramming of the vehicle. When random failures like yours happens is generally a reprogramming of the system dear customer.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian