sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2002 Alpha Romeo 147 twin spark. Ive had a recent

Hi there im Jason i have a 2002 Alpha Romeo 147 twin spark. Ive had a recent crankshaft front seal replaced and 3 weeks later its pushed it out. Is this due ti washers worn and if so do yiu have to remove the engine to get at the caps on the crank
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 98.000
Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive got a 2002 Alpha Romeo 147 twin spark with 98000 miles had one seal on got pushed out tgen lock tighted the 2nd time but blew out on way to worcester after 3 hours driving. What is causing the seal to keep blowin
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does the engine have to be removed to get to the crank and can i replace washers without having to remove the crank

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, to make this replacements did you check something else?
Thanks in advance.

Dear *****, I understand your query and excuse me the delay to communicate with yo,u what you present is known mechanically as an axial play on the crankshaft. The crankshaft has been designed to only move tangentially in the block but the vibrations with the passing of the time worn known shells or seals, Like the axial rods, these rods fulfill the same function as the crankcase or connecting rod of the crankshaft but they comply axially, the main symptom is that the seal is not properly attached to the crankshaft but it is a small slack victim of these rods worn, The good thing is that you can disarm the crankshaft by the bottom of the engine or by the oil pan of the vehicle, to verify the state of these rods but In any case you have to disassemble the gearbox to be able to remove the crankshaft. So, it is going to be almost the same to lower the engine to make this replacement for the small space that you have in your Alfa Romeo to make the replacement of these pieces by the bottom of the engine.

In short, dear customer the discomfort and the small work space to be able to make this replacement will be to make the decision to dismantle or not the engine everything depends on the skill that presents in my particular case I would disassemble it to work better to fit and review all the parts in the proper way.
have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.