Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Folowing a diesel runaway on a ford 2.0l tdi focus, caused

Folowing a diesel runaway on a ford 2.0l tdi focus, caused by broken injectors/fuel in sump. Car went in for particulate sensor and regen-- whilst being test driven it ran away- stopped by stalling on verge. All injectors replaced. Severe Vibration at 50-70 under accel in 5/6 gear. Replacement of damaged dual fly/clutch and drive shafts has improved it. Even tried brand new wheels and tyres! no further improvement.?
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: What next? to get rid of vibration?
Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: Clutch is now new.
Assistant: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO . Garage who are liable for runaway (did not check sump oil before regen) have done all the work so far.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any ideas?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you I will wait for guidance.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If the vibration was not an issue before the runaway and there was lots of fuel in the sump this may be an issue with internal engine damage caused by the fuel in the sump. I have seen in some cases in the past before where fuel in the oil can damage the engine bearings which can lead to a vibration.

I recommend having the engine and gearbox/transmission mounts checked for any issues as well. If a broken or collapsed mount is found it will need to be replaced to resolve this issue here.

If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. make sure no damage is found to the drivelines/axles and if these are o.k. then the engine may need to be inspected internally to help pinpoint if there is an internal engine fault that has to be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Excellent. I will continue discussion s with the garage.

Sounds good

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks, Pete

Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Technical Consultant at Just Answer