Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a i10 61 plate and my engine management light has

Hi I have a i10 61 plate and my engine management light has come on not sure if I can drive it still it seems ok
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It's the engine one
Assistant: What is the model of your '61 Hyundai?
Customer: I10
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything iv just drove home from shopping and noticed it was on
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanksv

Hi..there..

If the engine or car still seems to perform well..then there shouldnt be any reason why you cant drive it still..provided its not a long journey etc...Obviously unless you have code reader yourself? you will need to to get the car scanned to see what fault codes have been logged..it could be something minor maybe a sensor going faulty or emissons fault..you'll only know if thats the case once you have those codes...the garage should take a note of them, clear them, then retest to see if its permanent fault or not..and then take it from there..hope this helps

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you that does help I will book it in tomorrow