Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2011 Ford Mondeo 2.0 petrol non ecoboost - so

HiI have a 2011 Ford Mondeo 2.0 petrol non ecoboost - so duratec. Has codes P0135 and P0141 front and rear 02 sensors.
Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you TodayDo you still require technical assistance with your concernIs the vehicle running ok but you have the mil light onKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
hiya. Yes Eng management light is on, only codes are for both exhaust sensors, p0135 and p0141 front and rear
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
forgot to answer, no issues as regards ***** ***** car is driving
Hi thanks ***** have looked through the wiring diagram and the front and rear hego Sensors heater circuit share a feed from fuse 6 in the engine bay fuse boxThe fault will commonly be down to one of these sensors shorting internally and blowing this fuse
As they share the power supply
Check the fuse firstly and replace it to see if it blows with ignition on
If it does dissconnect one sensor at a time and refit another fuse to see if it blows with a sensor disconnectedIf you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward
please let me know  and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are  satisfied with my answer /advice thus far
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam
Accredited for my advice and  to build my online profile
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi.I've checked the fuse. its fine and not blown. i've put a meter to the fuse an with vehicle running its getting 14volts at the fuse.
Have you checked across the hego sensor heater circuits for open circuit across the heater element
I can give you the pin out information if you require (I will need your registration numberKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
please, its DU11 CUA
Hi thanksOk the front sensor ho2s11
Heater circuit is across pins 1&2 if the sensor
This is where white/orange wire and white blue wire would goThe rear catalyst monitor sensor is across pins 1 and 2
Wires white and blue and green and brownMeasure for open circuit across the hego sensor pins (dissconected )also Check you have 12 volts at pin 1 of each sensor when multiplug connectedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i've put a meter with a buzzer from the blue white at fuse 6 to pins 1 at both sensors - looked at live data and see no voltage at the sensors, no buzzing across pins 1 and the fuse 6 yet fuse 6 has power.I am guessing a break in the white blue or blue white wire to the 02 sensors.without pulling the loom apart - can i cut a wire into the feed from fuse 6 and lead it upto the point where it pairs out to both sensors? the voltage feed qire from fuse 6 doesn't go elsewhere does it? just goes through the loom, goes from 1 wire into 2 (1 for each sensor)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Brian are you still there?
Hi sorry for the delay was out for a bit thereOk yes you can put12 volts to each blue/white wire as a temp measureFrom your description if you have no power at pin 1 white/blue but power at pin 6 then there is a wiring issue between the fuse box and hego sensors
This ties in with both codes appearing as they share the feedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok. But to wrap it up. The blue white or white blue which ever way round it is that comes from fuse 6 to the sensors. Does this wire branch off anywhere else? Or does it go straight from fuse 6, split into 2 to feed front and rear sensors. With it been a taxi the chap wants it back, not.to spend hours pulling looms apart.
Hi there yes the bothfeeds to pin 1 white / blue wire come from fuse 6
They don’t branch off
Do you can feed these from the wire outlet at fuse 6Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hiya Brian.Lovely, so essentially the 'make shift' wire ( that i've cut out of another ford loom and soldered into this one ) should be quite happy there for the rest of the cars usable life i.e about a year.Dave
Hi Dave yes this is known as a temp fix until more time can be spent
But yes it will be fine to leave vehicle wires like thisIf you are  satisfied with my answer /advice thus far
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian