Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Peugeot 307cc 2007. When i put the car in reverse a

I have a Peugeot 307cc 2007.
When i put the car in reverse a message shows on the dashboard faulty parking sensor how can I find where the fault is???
Dave

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

What this message is telling you is that one of the park assist sensors is faulty sending a false signal or no signal at all. What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set. Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here. The codes can be checked, diagnosed and repaired by any shop or dealer for a fee. In a lot of cases, a local parts store can read out the codes free of charge. The parts store usually cannot diagnose or repair the issue but they can give you an idea of what is at fault.

This has to be done to see what codes are set and to help pinpoint which sensor is at fault and then that sensor is replaced to resolve this issue. In some cases, you can physically examine the sensors to see if you see one that is damaged or dirty needing cleaned or replaced but in most all cases the codes do have to be read out to help locate the faulty sensor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete