Pete
Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Water penetration on upright rear seats and seeping into

Water penetration on upright rear seats and seeping into boot; have deducted not coming from without?
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Ford Focus hatchback 1 litre
Assistant: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2013
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, have booked it into Fords at the end of next month!
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been suggested that the problem lies with the feed to the rear screen washer?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The rear screen washer hose can become disconnected leading to the washer nozzle itself or damaged. This will cause the fluid to leak with the rear screen washer switched on/activated and as well with it off as fluid build up in the hose will leak out. This was a common issue.

I have also seen the boot seal leak or door seals leak in some cases which will also cause water intrusion into the vehicle itself.

I recommend having the boot seal and door seals checked for any issues. If any issues are found they will need to be repaired or the seals replaced for the affected door or boot.

If these are all o.k. then the rear screen washer hose needs to be located and followed through the vehicle to locate any disconnects or breaks in it. If a disconnect or a break is found it can easily be repaired to resolve this issue with an adapter or reconnection.

These are the main causes for this issue here and these do have to be looked into further to locate which is the cause and then it can be repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Pete, you have just confirmed my suspicions; bloody nuisance because this is the second new Ford Focus I have had which there has been a water incursion, my previous problem was the bulkhead seal had degenerated, cost me a packet to sort out plus new carpets; Ford would not agree it was their fault but gave me a £500 voucher which did not cover the costs!!
Once again, thank you.
John

Your welcome John.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete