sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2010 cdti elite nav auto will occasionally, when on a

My 2010 cdti elite nav auto will occasionally, when on a motorway suddenly loose power and the service now light comes on, I have to get to the hard shoulder (if there is one) and stop, the car will not come out of gar until I switch off and then I can select neutral. Car will then start and run as if nothing has happened?
Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No sorry.
Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Vauxhall Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '10 Vauxhall?
Customer: Insignia cdti 2.0 elite NAV
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been in to a local garage and had a check on the computer but they say they can find a fault.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not that I can think of.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please

What kind of fuel does your car use?
What is the mileage of you car and what are the last maintenances you have performed to your car?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's a diesel and has done 140000. Last full service six months ago.

Dear customer the problem that you present is known as an emergency/limp mode or there is simply an error code that is activated by the computer causing the vehicle to shut down for some reason. It is actually the solution of this is not very complicated but you need the adequate equipment to know what is happening in your vehicle.

The first is that this type of failure is not noticeable by means of generic equipment. Obd2 Diagnostic equipment are not adequate. The proper diagnostic equipment of your model must have the appropriate vauxhall software for your model. So, you will have access to the error codes or the live data stream.

Usually, these problems are caused by overheating the vehicle components, the most common is that the pump overheats causing it to stop sending fuel and the vehicle is turned off so the vehicle restart normally but does not last much given that the pump is immediately heated, this type of problem does not generate error codes and usually the solution is always to replace the fuel pump

Dear customer the engine distribution system is made up of several sensors that detect the crankshaft and camshaft grades to know when and how to inject fuel when we are having a problem in these sensors or when these sensors suffer overheating problems the vehicle shuts off sporadically and comes back on immediately or in minutes usually. Also that type of problem is due to faults in the wiring not only of these sensors but also of the fuel pump. Therefore it is good to check the wiring of the distribution system of the fuel pump and of the injectors and the injection pump.

Dear customer, i could continue with several causes, but the best way to start is with a computarized diagnostic, but as i said we need an appropiate diagnostic tool with the right vauxhall sofware.

Have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.