sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Needs oil Assistant: When was your last oil change? Don’t

Needs oil
Assistant: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Don’t kniw
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Bmw 330cd e46 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your 330ci yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 330cd
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The oil I have is Castrol 5w30 fully synthetic longlife

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please

What kind of fuel does your car use?
What is the mileage of you car and what are the last maintenances you have performed to your car?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi my car is a BMW 330cd e46 2007 Diesel
170336 miles.
Coolant change
Clutch rplacement
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello are you there

Dear customer, do you want know when you have to mahe the oil replacement or that i located you some garage to perform it or do it by yourself?
Thanks for clarify that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to know if I can use Castrol Edge 5w30 long life fst in my car

Dear customer, you can continue using the same oil that you have been using.

Let me explain what the oil nomenclature means:
Based on the acronym 5W-30, this oil would be grade 5 at low temperature and 30 at high temperature, which means that it has low viscosity properties and the engine could start at very low temperatures.

Normally after a certain time the oil with low numbering or nomenclature tend to evaporate with the passage of the route, in reality this is a test trial and error, if you felt that the oil has evaporate you must proceed to replace it to a 5W40, Then if it keeps seizing you proceed to replace it yet 10w-40 But considering your case if the last oil never goes by you can be calm and use it.

It will last 6-8 months or 5000 miles in average.

Have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.