sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Assistant: How can I help? My wife started her Peugeot 3008

Hi There,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My wife started her Peugeot 3008 this morning and the engine management light stayed on and the radio screen has gone blank and we don't think the hill start assistance is working, any ideas?
Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Which fuse?
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Peugeot 3008 2014
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2.0 litre diesel
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Dear customer, do you still need help?
if so, could you tell me please

What kind of fuel does your car use?
What is the mileage of you car and what are the last maintenances you have performed?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Fuel is diesel, Vehicle is 2.0 litre mileage is 43k. and its on a 2014 plate. Last maintenance was approx. 4000 miles ago it had a full service.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Had no warning or any other issues prior to this happening.

Dear customer, thank you for your inquiry, and sorry for the delay.
I understand the doubts that the system can cause the hill start assistance , you must first know that this system basically stops the car for about 2 or 3 seconds so that you can start the car easily on hills after this time the vehicle if you do not start it runs backwards, If you do not put the brake. Therefore dear customer to know if this system works or not this is the first test you must perform (start the car and see if it is working).

Now dear customer,i noticed that the engine management light is on, this can be lit by multiple factors from a simple sensor that is activating for a bad signal, a problem in the combustion with a fuel consumption increased and even a problem in the vehicle among other aspects. I hope you do not have any type of failure in the vehicle and if so you can be calm, most likely making a computerized diagnosis you will be able to get the error code that is activating this indicator on the dashboard and you can delete it, in this way you will turn off the indicator on the dashboard quietly, And if the vehicle requires a check or some repair, you will be able to do this with the same technician who performs the computerized diagnosis.

Now dear customer, that problem on the screen is the one that worries me, because when we have several random failures, it is a symptom of a possible deprogramation in the system. It may also be problems with connectors or with the board of the screen.
This can be sorted in different ways
1) ECU deprogrammed. When the ECU gets deprogrammed may cause problems like yours and indicators could start on in unexpected ways or symple stop working. This can be solve with a Peugeout Diagnostic Scanner tool. Scanning, deleting the error codes, the scan would show and reprogramming will sorted out the problem.
2) Wiring loom problems. If the wires or the wire branch is split, broken, melted or burned can cause problem like the one your are passing through. also the connectors can be corroed or loosen.
3) Damage in the dashboard module, when the module is defective does not send any signal to the dashboard and it cannot work as usual.
. If after reprogram, check the wires, plugs and the module the problem is not solved. The problem will be in the ECU.
The ECU could be the most expensive repairment but hopefully your problem will be easily solved reprogramming,

Have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your suggestions but basicaly i understand you are saying that i must take it to a garage to get the diagnosis Yes i am aware how the hill start assist works as i have been driving this car for a while and already done the test you suggest and that is how i established that it wasnt working. I will get my mechanic to have a look at the issue for a diagnosis Thanks again Regards