Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Oil warning light STOP light came on, no previous warnings.

Oil warning light STOP light came on, no previous warnings. Engine now sounds like a diesel. Also no signs of a leak anywhere. The car is a 65 plate with 48000 miles on the clock, its last service was Sept 18.
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Red oil light and flashing red stop.
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Citreon C1 1.2cc Puretech
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far its been recovered to my home address, will be ringing my garage tomorrow. Just after a heads up, best/worst case really.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

Red oil warning light usually means low oil pressure..hence why the engine maybe sounding as it is.a few things would need to be checked out..obviously the current oil level in the engine as it stands now..so worth looking at that to be sure its not low on oil..next check will be more involved which will mean having to test what the oil pressure reading are..either by a guage inplace of the oil pressure switch, or via diagnostic scanner live data..if the oil pressure is low or showing as such..then its likely the Oil pump has failed or the pick up tube within the sump is somehow blocked..a garage would likely have to drop the sump to investigate that..hope this helps