sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

52 E320 petrol, pass heated seat light on all the time,

52 E320 petrol, pass heated seat light on all the time, seats dont heat up, 5 warnings on instrument panel esp, service brake to name a couple, switch for sport/winter mode doesnt seem to do anything, simple fix or major problems? just bought this car & love it
Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: i presume so, seller said it happened when new battery was connected
Assistant: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as yet, i cant even work out how to change the time on the clock! only just bought car & about to trawl through the handbook
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any mechanical fault with brakes or just that the mode and the heated seat?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Brakes work fine, the display fault says service brake fault, visit dealer

Dear customer, thank you for your inquiry and I understand these Mercedes models have certain drawbacks when they are touched. These are problems that usually occur due to deprogramming when the power supply of the electric modules is completely eliminated.

To explain a little these models of Mercedes Although they have their certain years have multiple modules in charge of the operation of the vehicle as the centralized lockin module, the heating module, the system of brakes module, the the transmission module etc. Among many other modules in charge of a perfect operation of the vehicle these modules work with each other and when the power of the battery is cut off it can generally be produced deprogramming in the systems.

As the indicators you present are several and random, i do not consider that the vehicle has so many problems. So, I am going to recommend you to perform a computerized diagnosis with a diagnostic equipment with the Mercedes software. I do not want to tell you to go with the dealership, today many garages owns multi-brand equipment with the software of Mercedes and as your vehicle already has certain years in the market you can rest assured that you will find a scanner good enough to be able to restore the factory data and perform a reprogramming of the systems. This is how you can solve these problems.

I want to tell you that is possible that there are some problems in the vehicle, i.e it does not mean that all the problems that the dashboard is indicating are defective, But for example the indicator of failure of the brakes may mean that the brake pads are worn and although the vehicle has adequate braking, you should replace them as soon as possible.
This is an example of what can happen, but anyway at the time of the diagnosis, you are going to have access to all the error codes that are lighting these indicators and once you delete them you will find out if really there is a problem or if it was simply cuased by a deprogramming of the sytems when disconnecting the battery.
have you understood dear customer?