Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My power steering has just stopped working would i still be

My power steering has just stopped working would i still be able to drive for a day or two until it's repaired
Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Not sure but had it's mot on
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 15/12/2018 it's a citreon c1 pfo6 nyo.
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No unable to do that on my own (female) do i need to book into a garage or can it wait a day or two.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hi..there..

Being a electric motor assisted steering system on these cars..then you can sort of still drive it if you feel you have too..its not advisable but it entirely upto you..albeit the steering will be alot heavier to operate..due to lack of assistance from the steering column...You will no doubt have to have it diagnosed anyway..they will need to scan codes in the steering module to see what exactly is going wrong..subject to possibily another column/motor being iftted or the control module itself...depending on the codes that have been set..hope this helps