sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I bought BMW 2 weeks ago. Everytime when after I park and

I bought BMW 2 weeks ago. Everytime when after I park and swith the engine off there is a whistling sound coming out the front of the car
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 26000 miles automatic
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 330d 2017
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Is the sound coming fron the radiator dear customer?
Do you have problem with hight temperatures?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No high temperature as currently is a winter time. It looks like it's coming from a/c compressor. It's coming from upper right side of engine. It does it even when the car is switched off for hours

Dear customer, that characteristic whistling sound due to the location you are in and how you describe it is due to a normal product of the pressure produced in the internal cooling system.

This is normal dear customer. Remember that the cooling system works with certain pressures and temperatures which vary according to the ambient temperatures and the heights due to the pressure difference, what happens is that when the engine is hot the radiator and the coolant bottle reach high temperatures and if you put it in cold environments such as winter you can get to produce this characteristic type of sound given the sudden decompression that is occurring in the internal system given the temperature.
Now observing that your problem is being generated at this moment, I am going to recommend that you have to replace the radiator cap and the lid of the coolant/water bottle usually when you replace it you should also replace the coolant container/bottle just where we pour the fluid, as what happens is that the threads are losing the ability to store the pressure and this is where this whistle escapes anyway you can locate it.

Now, If even after replacing these the problem continues the whistling is going to be produced is by a depressurization in one of the refrigerant system hoses but I go back and I repeat do not worry it's not serious at all. I want that while this sound, keep in mind to be checking the coolant/ water level regularly and when you are driving please want to be aware of the engine's temperature, only to avoid future problems.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This car is still under the BMW warranty is this something I can ask them to sort out for me

Yes, dear customer. you can ask them to check it and solve it. Although, i repeat it can be something simply by the winter in the moment in which the season finish or the temperature rises in the atmosphere most likely the problem will disappear without major inconvenience.