sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Rav4 transmission problem Assistant: When was your

Rav4 transmission problem
Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: No idea
Assistant: What year is your RAV4?
Customer: 2004
Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing it just happened
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car it slow and speed itself
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The check came with the code P0776
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What that could be
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Waiting

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i would like to know what kind of problems do you feel in your transmission? is it manual?

Also, i would like to know the mileage of your Rav4 and if you have any indicator lit?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s Automatic and 132545 the mileages and 2 lights on the management sign and VSCTRC ,the car it doesn’t change the gear properly and the code came is P0776

Dear customer, studying your problem, according to the error code and the dashboard indicators, let me explain:

First the error code P0776 as you may have already read something regarding this, the code talks about PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID B - PERFORMANCE / JAMPING.

To understand a little better your inconvenience, your transmission has a component known as the body of selenoids, which is the one that i attached in the picture below, the selenoid that says SL2 is the one that is detecting a bad signal, with this I don't mean that the selenoids merit a replacement, but that it is not giving a good signal that can be due to several factors that we must do:

The automatic transmission is based on different hydraulic pressure levels to deliver to the torque converter and shift actuation lock. This pressure is controlled through at least one solenoid. This whole system is controlled by the PCM ( Powertrain Control Module).

When problem code P0776 OBDII is stored, it is because the PCM encountered a problem with the transmission pressure control solenoid B. The solenoid does not work in a correct way or is stuck in the off position.

The possible causes may be:

The pressure control solenoid B may be defective.
Perhaps the transmission fluid has elements that contaminate it.
Obstructions in the transmission filter.
Probably the body of the transmission valve is damaged.
Hydraulic steps may be restricted.
Cables or system connectors with defects.

Therefore my first recommendation is that you replace the transmission fluid with its filter.

Finally, to explain why these indicators are lit together with the fault, it is because the VSC is the stability control system, since the transmission is not working correctly, the stability system is affected just like the TRC and justly it is normal to turn on the light of management, everything is related.

Finally, the characteristic flaw of this type of inconvenience is the disorder in the changes and the loss of power in the transmission. Just as I told you that the transmission works with the pressure of the fluid, so if the fluid is not correct these problems occur and also activates this code.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Very satisfied,thank you

You are welcome dear customer, it is a pleasure can help.
Please do not forget to rate my service as it is the onl way i take credit.
all the best, Sebatian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes