sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Having problems with 58 plate C-MAX handling. Sorry, hit the

Hi, having problems with 58 plate C-MAX handling.
JA: What is the model of your '58 Ford?
Customer: Sorry, hit the wrong button! It's a C-MAX Titanium. Steering is very light and hyper sensitive to road surface fluctuations. Mechanic at local garage was checking bits and bobs around wheels, suspension etc with the car up on a scissor jack and commented that he was able to move the wheels remarkably easily from side to side, which ties up with me experiencing wandering of the car whilst driving along. He said it's normally an effort to move the wheels but it was almost resistant free!
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: It's borderline undriveable at speed. It's as if it has a 'city' mode setting stuck on. No fluid noticed underneath. It's very recently had a replacement engine but I think the problem was already there, not had it long.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nope, I'm not a mechanic. I've had the underneath checked for obvious bits, that are broken, worn, missing. Swapped front off-side tyre with rear nearside as front was showing some wear on the inner edge of the tread.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probably totally unrelated but the slow idle engine revs are erratic with clutch depressed, especially when cold !

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I would like to know the mileage of your car and what kind of fuel does it use? This for the problem with the iddle.
About the steering, is it porwered assited or hydraulic?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi, the car has done 37,000 miles, petrol. I'm not sure if it's electric or hydraulic. It has had a replacement engine very recently but the idling problem was present before.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, i believe it has electric power steering.

Dear customer Sorry for the delay in get back to you.

For what i see in your query the problem that you may be presenting this clearly on the steering rack, the steering rack has certain components that are responsible for regulating the hardness or smoothness of the steering, according to the model of the vehicle this piece changes or varies, well the models is a retainer and in other models is a pin located in the upper end, it is the general. The technician has to adjust the steering from the rack if in this case this steering is not adjustable as in other models You have to perform the replacement of the zipper, but very few models do not have this setting.

Dear customer, I also recommend replacing the screw seals of the steering rack because they can also cause this problem. Although when you disassemble the steering rod you will be able to observe the defects in this zipper so do not worry. But what you should do is check this zipper as indicated.

Have you understood dear customer?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Sebastian, thank you for your suggestions. Yes I have understood. I will investigate further.