sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

What is fault code 2624 on a Vito 120CDI year 2008, The

what is fault code 2624 on a Vito 120CDI year 2008
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: The fault code comes up as 2624 and its been cleared/reset and it comes back and there is no turbo boost at all
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am the owner and I am leasing with the mechanic who is too busy today to do the fault code research. I had a new part on the turbo about a year ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
why is it taking so long?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i woul like to know the mileage of your car and what diagnostic tool are you using?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
140,000 miles
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm just checking the type/name of the diagnostic tool

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know, to check according to the manual thanks.

Also is the code just the number 2624 or is it P2624?
Most of the error codes start by a letter followed by numbers.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It's a Snap On diagnostic tool and I agree that the codes usually start with a letter, but for some reason this code doesn't
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've looked it up online and cannot find the code anywhere
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've got a meeting now for 1/2 an hour

I understand, i will take a few minutes to check in the manual to get back to you.

No problem dear customer, i will be here when you are back of your meeting. Meanwhile, i will check the manual.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How did it go with checking the manual Sebastian ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For me, no news is bad news !!!!

2624 - Injector Control Pressure Regulator Circuit Low

Possible causes
Faulty Injector Control Pressure Regulator
Injector Control Pressure Regulator harness is open or shorted
Injector Control Pressure Regulator circuit poor electrical connection

The fault code you have , the 2624 , is Injector control pressure regulator - or wiring issue / fault - short to earth.

Depending on exactly which you have , this is either on the injector itself or on the Frp rail..

Its hard on these to tell which is faulty and fault codes are not specific
This can often be down to wiring faults on these, so do carefully, check the wiring through first before anything else - its common to have the looms chaffing on the engine etc.
Back to the Ecu.

If you are sure , positive its not a wiring issue - then fuel pressure tests could be good to do it ( dont forget fuel filter can cause this problems as well. Very common issue ).

Dear customer, have you understood?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sebastian, you are a star. Thank you so so much. You get 12 out of 10 from me

It is a pleasure can help dear customer.
Thanks to you! You can rate at the 5stars rating system at the top of your screen in that way i receive credit for my service.
All the best, Sebastian.