AudiDoc
AudiDoc,
14582033

Not sure if issues is between clutch or master/ cylinder.

Not sure if issues is between clutch or master/slave cylinder. Car drives but sometimes clutch feels soft when I engage and doesnt fully come back when releasing the clutch
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Clutch doesnt appear to be slipping, shifting is generally okay sometimes there is an instance where it wont go into or come out of a gear, happens very rarely though
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Seat Leon 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet as clutch repairs is a bit beyond my abilities
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your Seat question. In most cases, if you don't see any hydraulic leaks, either near the pedal in the interior, or around the transmission bellhousing area, it's going to be an issue with the mechanicals inside the bellhousing. This does sound like a clutch release bearing, or bearing guide that is beginning to fail, which will require transmission removal, clutch/pressure plate/bearing replacement, and flywheel resurfacing.

Obviously not the news you were hoping for.

Please let me know if I can offer further information

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thanks for your response, just to confirm I am looking at complete clutch replacement?

I'm pretty confident you are, especially if fluid level hasn't dropped.