sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

C250 cdi blueefficiency coupe has no satelites available on

C250 cdi blueefficiency coupe has no satelites available on Sat nav. Becker map pilot system. Have tried two different Becker map pilots and still no satelites available. Could it be the car GPS antenna?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i would like to know if previuosly the sat nav was working and how this happen?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. I have just bought the car with no Becker Map pilot unit present. It has the slot in the glove box. I have purchased a second hand Becker map pilot and was unable to get a GPS signal. The sat nav is saying that it is not connected to any satelites. I have now received a second Becker map pilot unit and tried it and I am still having the same problem. The seller of the units is confident that both units have been tested and suggested that it may be the GPS antenna located on the vehicle

Dear customer, I understand your query and sorry for my delay.
Yes, it is true that you can have a problem in the GPS satellite, the GPS satellite It is simply integrated to the GPS board to the console dashboard, but what happens dear customer is if they have not updated the system software, you will not be able to have recognitions of new Beckers. Because they are made with newer software and I am seeing that you to mg year 2002 to 2012 from here new versions of operating systems have come.
I want you to seeit as if it is equal to your cellphone, Cellphones must update their software every so often their operating system request an upgrade, the same happens with the operating system of your unit's navigation system.

Now dear customer, If even after this, the problem persists. You will have to check the unit to see if it has any problem in the wiring or a problem in the same board. It should be analyze.

If you are wondering where you can update this, I always recommend custoners to go to garages where they work with sound repair and installation of equipment etc. These sites sell the necessary software to update the operating systems at a lower cost than in the dealers.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks. It started working. I restored it to factory settings and removed all data.

You are welcome dear customer, i am glad that the problem is sorted.
Please kindly rate my service by selecting in the 5-stars rating system at the top of your screen, If after this you have any problem later, you can keep in touch with me even after you rate.
All the best, Sebastian.