sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My radio keeps cutting out and changing to other stations

Hello, my radio keeps cutting out and changing to other stations every around 10 seconds. Even when I'm not using the radio, Bluetooth for example, it still interrupts my music by cutting back to the radio
Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No
Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Kia?
Customer: Picanto
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've tried going through set up and turning off news and af
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, there are several aspects that can cause this inconvenience, it is a little worrying this type of failure because I have been able to observe it in equipment that has damage to the stereo board, and the repair of a board is not easy and sometimes it is not possible so it sometimes required to buy new equipment.

But this is not the only possible cause of this failure, it can also be a problem in the controls or buttons of the stereo. In anyway, disarm the computer to see if it is stuck or is sticking one of the keys wrongly.

Dear Customer, you might generally think in a deconfiguration but a deconfiguration does not cause the radio to turn off, it only causes you to change the stations randomly.

This type of work requires a little technical revision so it is somewhat complicated to do it yourself and as I am not with the vehicle, it is also difficult for me to indicate how to proceed in this disarmament. So, my recommendations is that you go to car audio and electronics garage, as they can review the equipment and have the ability to check the board of it, they can tell you if the equipment can be fixed or if you must buy a new equipment

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated nad is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your help Sebastian

You are welcome dear customer, it is a plesure can help. Please do not forget to rate my service by selecting at the 5 stars rating system at the top of your screen. It is the only way i receive credit for my time and help.
Best wishes, Sebastian.