sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2001 325ci convertible with water ingress at the

Hello. I have a 2001 325ci convertible with water ingress at the rear. When parked nose uphill no problem but with the car pointing down hill the o?s interior is full of water under the carpet.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have cleared all the debris from water channels that i can find but i cannot find where it is coming in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Any ideas

Dear customer, a water inlet can come from different areas, it is good to start with the channels, but it is clear that your filtration goes beyond these.
Water filtration as long as it does not affect the luggage compartment, but only the floor area of ​​the rear seats focuses only on a leak in that area of ​​the roof or windows.
Dear customer, I am going to recommend you to do the following:

Remove the seats from the back of the vehicle.
Ask a friend for help, he will located inside the vehicle with the roof and the windows closed, you will use a hose and you will try to lift the vehicle from the back to tilt the vehicle, if it is already inclined there is no problem, you will start to pour the water in the back of the roof (As the vehicle is tilted is very likely to be only here).
The person inside the vehicle will observe the leak or the space where it leaks.

If you notice that the filtration is in this area, you will see an internal rubber, it is going to have to be replaced, you have to dismantle it by the trunk to replace it, anyway this rubber is not expensive to replace it and a technician can give you a hand

There is a possibility that the filtration is not from the back but from a side, so you will use the hose to pour the water through all the slots in the window, where there is leakage, you will replace the rubber on the window glass or see if it need to be stick again. What happens is that these rubbers with the sun begin to crack and it is here where the leaks happen.
To replace the rubbers of the window itself is a bit more complicated because you have to disassemble the glass to put the new rubbers and use a special sealant .

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated nad is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for the information. I have a few things to try so I must get on with it,,, Thanks again

You are welcome dear customer, it is a pleasure can help!
All the best!