sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I appear to have turned on my radio theft protection on my

Hi Pearl. I appear to have turned on my radio theft protection on my Honda Jazz. I want to turn it off . No idea how. Help please. I am 73 yrs old .... modern things confuse me!!
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with car.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2015 model Honda Jazz 1VTEC ES CVT
JA: What year is your ES?
Customer: Sorry date was wrong 2012
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to do it myself. I recently had new battery so manage to get radio up and running but when trying to do the clock I managed to accadentally set the alarm system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that’s it .....I may need to disconnect battery and start again!!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am now connected am I Pearl?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there any help out there? .......
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Would be useful to know how long the wait is thank you

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, is your radio asking for a radio code?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I’ve set up the radio after a new battery was fitted
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I just want to turn off the radio theft protection

Thanks is the car starting on as usual and the radio is not turning on right?

When the antitheft protection of the car is activated the car will not turn over.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I haven’t tried to turn the engine over
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just tried it and engine turns over
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Radio works. Just red light next to anti theft on radio flashes

The anti-theft protection feature disabled the radio when it is disconnected from the battery, which includes the battery losing power.
When you purchased your vehicle, it came with a card that lists your radio code on it. If you can find the card things will be easier for you.

Now we can start trying in this way:
You simply turn your ignition and radio on and press and hold the power volume knob for two seconds. The stereo system will recognize that it is in your vehicle and you will regain access to the radio.

If it does not work, this feature may be absent and you will need the code. Turn the ignition switch to accessory and turn the radio on. If the display does not say CODE, disconnect your battery for a few minutes and try switching everything on again. the word CODE should be flashing and you simply enter your five digit number in the car i said the code should be.

we have 3 options to retrieve the code.

• The 1st way to retrieve the radio code is to look in your glove box or owners manual. The code is on a sticker usually stuck or placed on the inside of the glove box. It may also be placed or stuck in the owners manual. This sticker will also have the radio serial number on it as well. To the left is a picture of what it will look like.

• Another way to retrieve the radio code is to bring it to your local Honda dealer and they will be able to take care of it for you (usually for free)

• If you can’t make it in to a Honda dealer, you can visit this site.

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

You will need the following information to retrieve the Honda radio code.

• Zip Code
• Phone Number
• Email
• Vin Number: You can find the vin number in several locations such as the driver’s door jam, the bottom of the windshield and on your registration
• Serial #

Turn your vehicle to the ON position. Press the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time while turning on the radio. A 10 digit serial number will appear on the radio display.

Please try the first proccess i indicate and let me know how it goes. If the car does ignite we can rule out that the is the immobilizer or anti-theft system of the car and is just the radio system activate it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have the radio code and the radio works
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Forgive me I don’t understand . I may need to get help ..... at 73 yrs old and female I’m a bit out of my depth
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think I need to go to Honda perhaps and get them to do it for me
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you Sebastian for your help
You are welcome dear customer, it will be great, but try to this please. Perhaps this save you to go to the dealer.You simply turn your ignition (i.e start on your car) and turn the radio on and press and hold the power volume knob for two seconds.
The stereo system will recognize that it is in your vehicle and you will regain access to the radio.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But I have already got access to the radio it is the radio anti theft button that is flashing red that I want to deal with
that process is to bypass or avoid the anti theft system
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh ok so if I do the suggestion it will get rid of the red light? Sorry I am really old and seem to have misunderstood you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s worked thank you so so much you are brilliant thank you soooo much
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Spoke too soon
My pleasure dear customer! I am glad it worked! To any further help I will be here to help you.