CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

The oil change light has just come on .IS this teh same as

The oil change light has just come on .IS this teh same as top up your oil?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the word OIL and a symbol of a spanner
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: SUzuki Vitara S 2018. It ahs jsut assed the 18,000m mark and my friend says it comes on automatically at around that mileage andthe car is due a service
JA: Are you fixing your Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im nt doing anything I am simply asking if what I am seeing is the same as I need to top up the oil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I need to drive 400 miles tomorrow can I do so dafely
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Am I likely to get an answer soon ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is a waste of money

Thank you for using JA. I am one of the experts.

If your car is due a service, most likely it has been pre-set to turn on when the service is due. Have you referred to the manual? I believe the oil warning means that your oil needs changing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do am I ok to drive 250 miles tomorrow ?

You should be fine. I do recommend that you check your manual to double check what the 'OIL' warning means.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was querying what the car says -change your oil with a spanner symbol as opposed to the oil can symbol and whether they meant the same thing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The dashboard actually days “oil engine change “

That just means your engine oil needs changing which is pre-set by Suzuki themselves. You can still drive it but don't forget to take it for a service, something as simple as engine oil is very important in new engines.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks - I will book in a service as soon as I get back

Glad I could help. Thank you for using JA.