CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have a l/R discovery 4 61 reg, the touchscreen has gone

Hello , i have a l/R discovery 4 61 reg, the touchscreen has gone blank and the sat nav/bluetooth for phone, etc etc has ceased working, we had heavy rain on monday and i believe some water may have come into the cabin, is there a fuse i could check to mend it..? regards *****: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes, i know where they are but not opened up yet
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have just been to my local l/r independant dealer but they do not know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just hoping somebody may have rectified this problem before

Thank you for using JA. I am one of the experts.

Sorry for the delay.

When was the last time your car went to a LR dealership? There have been bulletins about software issues making the screen go blank. A short term fix will be to remove the + terminal from the battery for 5 -10 minutes and re-connect it, this should reset the touchscreen. There are also multiple fuses in the glovebox fuse panel for the screen, navigation, audio-video units, you could remove these if you don't want to disconnect the battery.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.