sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2001 c220 cdi I just bought. When cold the car

Hi. I have a 2001 c220 cdi I just bought . When cold the car kicks down gears as it should but after a few minutes does not kick down any gears and just slowly accelerates in top gear even if the gas pedal is fully depressed. When stopped for a period of time then all good again until it warms up. What could it be ? Any thoughts?. John
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: I don't know if the transmission has ever been worked on or replaced. What do you mean by brake switch?
Assistant: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing so far I was hoping to find which direction to take first
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Is this a free service?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any indicator lit on your dashbopard when this happen? Also what are the last maintenaces you ahve done to your car?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi sebastian. There are no lights or malfunctions on the dash. I bought the car recently so i am unaware of any work being done by the previous owner.

My apologies for the delay to get in contact with you.

Dear customer I understand your position sometimes it is a little delicate to buy a used vehicle from a second owner, because we practically lose the history record and quality of services that have been done before.

There is a very important feature in your consultation and is that the fault is occurring without warning lights on the dashboard, this means that very probably what you are presenting is a very important symptom of a transmission problem due to a lack of maintenance in the transmission.

That's why first my consultation is going to be based on making a computerized diagnosis to begin with, and in this way we are going to obtain the error codes that the transmission system has, if it becomes the case in which the transmission does not have error codes directly we proceed to make the change of all the oil and the transmission filter.

I want to point out that this diagnosis cannot be made with a system or a normal diagnostic equipment must be made with a diagnostic equipment that has Mercedes software because these software are the ones that have access to the module of the transmission (TCM). Generic scanners won't have access to the TCM.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes