sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The Magic Vision Washers on my W222 are not working

The Magic Vision Washers on my W222 are not working efficiently. Minimum water is being ejected. How do I clean or free up the jets please?
JA: What year is your Vision?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Vision yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet but I am due for a visit to the Garage soon but I would like to know if it is a complete replacement or if a fix is possible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

We are going to follow the next steps to arrive to a solution of this problem.

1)Check the liquid reservoir to see if it is dirty. If dirt has accumulated on the bottom of the bottle/tank, remove it from the car and clean it extensively inside. Reconnect all cables and hoses when reinstalling the tank.

2) Check the rubber hoses that are connected to the bottle to see if they are cracked, leaking or broken. If, it is the case, change the defective hoses.

3) Cleans dirt trapped in nozzles, hoses or nets. Use a long needle or fine wire to remove or push the trapped dirt. Then wash/rinse all exposed parts with water.

5) Ask someone else to turn on the car's ignition switch. Ask him to activate the washing system so that it expels the liquid. Allows the liquid to clean the system of dirt or sediment that is still in the system.

Disconnect the hoses one at a time to make sure the liquid comes out of them. If the hoses are clean or new, but the fluid does not flow through them, the cause may be an electrical problem.

6) Check the alignment of the cleaning nozzles/washers

It is likely that you have to take the car to the garage or a professional mechanic, to check and repair any electrical or wiring problems, especially if the system is activated by a button located in the column of the steering wheel.

Have you understood dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.

If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Top job. Thanks. G

You are welcome dear customer, please do not forget to rate my service at 5stars rating system at the top of your screen, even after you rate, we can keep in touch and it is the only way i receive credit for my time and service.
Best wishes, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes