sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am in Argentina I want to buy a new McLaren 720s/ 2020 to

I am in Argentina
I want to buy a new McLaren 720s/ 2020 to use in my country
McLaren hasn´t any mechanical service or dealer in this country
With my Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, etc cars I always I make the service for my own (oils, filters, disc and brake pads change, etc)
For problems hat I can not resolve, usually I go to the dealer (for example:software, electronic problems, etc)
McLaren hasn´t any mechanical service in Argentina, then I would send the car to Santiago de Chile- in Chile ( aprox 1,200 kms)
This in not the problem, because I asume that I would not have a lot of this kind of failures in this car.
The question is:
Can I make my own regulars services ?
I understand that the user can´t open the engine cover or If try to open it, somethin would be happened for security McLaren factory, like ECU lock or somethin like this.
May I make the services for my own in the 720s or not?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

My apologies for the delay to get in contact with you. IF you want we can continue your query in english or spanish. As you wish.
Dear customer, as you already perfectly know there are not dealers or techinicians in Argentina for Mclaren and the nearest one is in Santiago.

This car's service it needs is recommend it to be once a year. normally the dealers and distributors do everything possible to make these sales and satisfy the customer in all the best possible aspects, the only thing that could indicate in your query is that when this type of problem happens, the distributors sometimes try to assign a workshop as reliable as possible for them and have the ability to perform at least these maintenance to your McLaren. Mclaren also has a service where they send their Specialist (there are only 2 technicians in UK authorized to this) wherever the owner needs the service. I suppose in USA there should be this kind of Mclaren specialist but i am not pretty sure.

About the service they claim that it should be done just for its specialist as they said:
"There’s nothing routine about our servicing. Because there’s nothing ordinary about your car. Every McLaren Retailer workshop is equipped and trained to perfection. In fact, we apply the same level of expert knowledge and meticulous attention to detail in looking after your McLaren that went into building it.

From an oil change service to a full inspection after a heart pumping track day, they’ve got everything covered. Each McLaren model has its own unique service schedule. But we also understand that each of our owners has their own individual requirements. Our services reflect that"

Put simply, it’s the finest maintenance available for your McLaren.

Also, this car's are available only to be open by its specialist as indeed it activate the security lock in the ECU and also it gets save and when a dealer check it can easily realize that it was open for someone unauthorized. Then, the answer is NO, you can't do this service by yourself. (Perhaps you can get to a deal with to do it by yourself as in your country there are not specialist but it is very unlikely, you can ask them with the dealership)

I hope this information to be useful for you. have it been helpful?

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes