sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a XC 70 2012, when i start the car a message is

I have a XC 70 2012, when i start the car a message is displayed, active chassis service required. I have also noticed the nearside rear corner of the car appears to sitting about 20mm higher than the rest
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes in both cases
JA: Are you fixing your XC 70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far, and may fix myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I can wait, thanks

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have anyu other indicator lit on your dashboard or just the chassis message?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just the chassis message
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, can you offer any advice?

Dear customer, my apologies for my delay, i could not get online before. Thank you for your inquiry.
Dear customer, the chassis service light required is a light that gets activated when the computer generates an error code from the modules that cover this chassis system, these modules are for example the stability system, the traction system, the suspension system, etc. What happens dear customer is that these modules are made up of different sensors which monitor all these systems, when the chassis service light comes on is because one of the sensors is detecting a range of erroneous operation which receives the module and sends it directly to the computer of the vehicle so that you activate this indicator on the dashboard, this does it,so that you have caution when it comes to driving do not go to exceed high speed or make imprudent movements because when indicators are turned on, the traction and stability systems are usually deactivated. You may still be exposed to skidding.
Dear customer what you should do is firstly perform a computer diagnosis with a diagnostic team that owns the Volvo software or you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership, today many garages have multi-brand equipments, which have this type of software suitable for your model XC. According to these error codes you will be able to access work, based on these error codes, you may have to perform certain maintenance on the sensors or parts or simply replace a type of sensor to solve this mishap.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes