sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a fault with my electronic parking brake, yes they

Customer Question

i have a fault with my electronic parking brake
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: yes they were replaced a couple months back, ive checked the fluid level and it seems to be ok
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: its a volkswagen golf 1.6 tdi 2017
JA: What year is your e-Golf?
Customer: i haven't got an e golf, its 2017 plate
JA: Are you fixing your e-Golf yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i havent tried anything, i need someone to have a look at it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, could you please tell me if the fault is that the parking brake is not engaging, you cannot release it or if you have the indicator lit all the time?
Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your response.The parking brake isn't releasing at times but when it does, the fault indicator still appears on my dashboard so theres an issue somewhere.

Dear customer, forgive me the delay in communicating with you , my apologies.
The parking brake system on your model golf is an electronic system made up of an electric motor machined on wheels, when you activate the electronic parking brake, the engine function is lock the wheels.

There are several aspects that may be causing your failure. The first thing that must be done is a computerized diagnosis to observe the error codes, if it happens to present it, then you must restore the factory data to rule out that the failure that you present is not simply a deconfiguration or a deprogramming in the system of the electronic system.

Then, the technician should proceed to verify the motors because I am observing that at a certain moment, they are stuck. This is very delicate as these motors can generate these problems because of the location in which they are, they store a lot of dirt and this can cause the components to stick to each other, maybe a simple maintenance in these motors corrects the braking problem that you present.

About the indicator that still appears on your dashboard, when you still release or deactivate the electronic brake, these systems are sensorially monitored when you have motor problems. It is normal for the sensors to have bad readings, therefore the technician must verify all this.

Do not worry dear customer, this kind of failures are not costly to repair as long as the engines are in good condition, it simply given maintenance to the electrical motor. The reviews and the diagnostics do not necessarily have to be done in the dealership. Today , many garages have multi-brand equipment that can easily perform these diagnoses and the braking system of this type is already very common in several models. Therefore more technicians already have extensive knowledge in this type of brakes and their maintenance.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.