Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I think i may need to replace my ABS Pump, that both the ABS

i think i may need to replace my ABS Pump
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: that both the ABS light and Traction Control light are on

Hi..there..

Has this been already diagnosed as being the ABS pump at fault? and if so what codes set..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it hasnt been diagnosed, it is just a thought at this stage, the car is a hyundai i20 2011 1.4 auto with only 16k. Both the ABS and Traction control light stay on when driving

Ok.. If I was you.. have it scanned first..see what codes its actually set..putting another pump on it without verifying first would be an expensive mistake given the ABS/TRACTION warning could mean many things..better to see what fault codes are set and dealing with first before replacing anything - As it could either a bad wheel speed sensor/broken target ring " if integral of the wheel bearing that could be at fault or worn" - to wiring/pin fitment issue from them back to abs control module - to the module or valve block itself..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks very much

Your welcome...hopefully you get it sorted out..

In the meantime if you could leave an accept/rating for me assisting you today it would be much appreciated..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will do, once i get the fault codes etc i will message you again. Thanks