sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Grand Chrysler Voyager runs perfectly but doesn’t

Hi there - I have a Grand Chrysler Voyager runs perfectly but doesn’t start well - diesel model - battery was replaced about a year ago - starts perfectly when jump started
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Local mechanic says battery is fine - he’s not a Chrysler expert but he thinks it’s something like a fuel line problem
JA: What year is your Voyager?
Customer: 2007 once it’s started in the morning, the first time, it always makes it through the day I reckon it probably needs a new battery - maybe a bigger one, with more current draw?
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I will take it to the local mechanic, he replaced the battery about a year ago and says that there is probably something else going on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, once it starts the first time, it’s generally ok most likely it’s something to do with the battery it’s a diesel

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please the mileage of your grand voyager, also if you ahve any indicator lit and if the battery is getting flat during the night?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It’s around 110,000 miles
Battery is ok at first. Starter motor turns over for a looooong time
Then it starts (most of the time)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer text - it’s late in the UK
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Starts instantly when jumped
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Basically, it’s not just the battery - there’s some problem with delivering the charge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It’s a diesel - and the problem is worse in UK winter
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe it needs a higher current draw battery

Thanks for your reply, i fully understand. I wil write what causes can be and my recomendations.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok - my research indicates there could be some sort of fuel line problem, pressure or something, but it seems that whatever the problem, jumping it solves the problem, so it appears to have different ways of solving

Dear customer, the ignition failures are very common with the passing of time, a diesel engine needs four important components for its proper functioning and ignition:

-High fuel pressure

-High compression in the cylinders

-High temperature

-Good air inlet to the cylinders

As you can see, there are diverse factors to examine.

First, I'm going to recommend you to purge the fuel system, injector by injector, this process is very simple you just have to open the diesel screw of each injector and pump until fuel comes out constantly, you must perform this injector step by injector.

Then measure the compression of the cylinders with a compression gauge that should be around 150 kPa (21.75 psi) and should be equal in the 4 cylinders.

Also given the mileage if you have not replaced the fuel tank pump, I recommend you consider replacing it you can also measure the state in which the pressure is, but these pumps are the main cause of lack of fuel for ignition in diesel engines .

I recommend you replace the glow plugs, they have already passed more than 50000 miles and it is necessary at this time and at this mileage.

If the turbo is working in a faulty way the vehicle will not start because it does not have a good fuel input so once you have checked all the above, check the turbo

Finally Dear Customer. If all these factors have been checked, please note that starting the vehicle by applying a little fuel or starter liquid by the air intake, if the vehicle turns on this way so for a few moments you are going to be presenting a problem in the injection pump so you will have to disassemble and verify it. before check the injection pump, verify first the aspect mentioned above.

Another problem is that if the fuel rail fuel injection pump has a small intake i.e air is hermetically sealed, the vehicle will cost too much to start because it will never be correctly purge the injectors, and can effectively be misinterpreted as a faulty injector but not it's like that, you simply have an air leak that does not let the system purge.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks - will check it out!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Very helpful!!!

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. If more help is needed, even after you rate we can keep in touch. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system at the top of your screen. I work on delivering the best answer and help. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Sebastian
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do

You're welcome dear customer. It is my pleasure can help.
Best wishes, Sebastian.