Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I've got a 2010 citreon Ds3, the wipers have stopped parking

I've got a 2010 citreon Ds3, the wipers have stopped parking properly. It's in the garage now being repaired, has been there for a month!! They've replaced the washer motor - not solved the problem. They've replaced the stork unit (£358 dealer only part) - not solved the issue. They've then replaced the fuse box under the bonnet - not solved the problem. They've gone through all the electrics on the car - not solved the problem. Yesterday I popped in there and they've just advised me that they are now looking to replace the wiper motor which they think will solve the issue...... I'm no mechanic, but even I know this would surely have been the first thing to change?? The bill is nearing £900+ at the moment for work I don't believe needing doing. As I'm no mechanic I need help, serious help. The garage have said that I've needed everything done as 1 thing has led to another.......
Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Yes
Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Citroen?
Customer: 1.6 diesel Black edition
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, all listed above.....
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Morning my name is ***** ***** I help you on this please ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please

Hi..there.. maybe i can help.

Sounds to me like they've just being firing the parts cannon at the car in the hope of resolving the issue - Is this a Citroen Dealer or just some Independant garage?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Independant

Ok..i think the best thing you can do is find out if they are a member of any trade associations? as some can help you to resolve your dispute with the garage.so you need to ask that.Talk with trade and standards.you should also talk to your garage and try to come to some sort of agreement with them..although the garage can hold the vehicle until payment is made,you will still need to pay for their diagnosing time and labour.. if your disputing the bill or want to take further action you should always write the words “paying under protest” clearly on their copy of the repair order sheet and any copies of receipts that the garage give you. If you don’t dont state you’re paying under protest it can make it more difficult to get compensation later on, because that would mean your accepting the charges...but considering this is more a legal matter i cant give any more info on that..trade and standards or the trade association the garage is a member off would help you futher...

However going by the what you have said with the repair..given that fault could of been done and dusted within a few days/time for wiper motor odering by simply using a suitable diagnostic scan tool to determine live data in the bsi to see switch inputs and activating the wiper with a scantool to rule out output fault - if thats the case then you could asume the motor itself was at fault.. given that they replaced the "washer motor" which has no bearing on whether the wipers park or not proves they havent really been upto standard to recitify this fault professionally.imo..

Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience: Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much for your advice