sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Can tow my Vauxhall antara with two wheels off the ground?

JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: My Antara fails to start, can I use a recovery truck to raise two wheels off the ground and tow in to a garage?
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 62 Reg Antara
JA: Are you fixing your 62 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I intend asking a recovery truck owner to tow it in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I risk damage to the suspension?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer I understand your query and your concern do not worry, transporting a vehicle in this way. It is something very normal and common, You will not have problems to tow it and the vehicle will not run any risk, simply according to the type turnk is hooked from the front wheels and rises, you must release the handbrake or emergency brake of the vehicle and move from one place to another without problems or inconveniences, this does not harm or put at risk any component of the vehicle such as the suspension, bearings much less the vehicle's braking system.

There is no risk of any kind, you just have to get up and down carefully, but this is done by a trained truck driver.

Do you understand me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. Your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Best wishes, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
With the front wheels off the ground and on the truck with the back wheels running on the ground is there a risk to the four wheel drive system.---it's not permanent four wheel drive, but selects it if required.

Dear customer, My apologies for my delay during weekends is hard to get to me online because of my time zone and the location where i am currrently.*

Remember, that it works just if you have it activated in the 4 wheels, in addition as there are different differentials when one of the wheels is lift, it automatically stop spining. You do not have nothing to worry about.