Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

Jaguar x-Type diesel 2.2, 2006. Replacing air conditioning

Customer Question

Jaguar x-Type diesel 2.2, 2006. Replacing air conditioning compressor and main auxiliary drive belt, but can't disconnect the alternator. Is there some clip to hold the cable connection to the alternator, or am I just not pulling it hard enough?
JA: What shape is the drive belt in? Is it cracked, shiny, or frayed? And have you ever replaced one?
Customer: The existing drive belt is shiny. The car has only done about 80,000, and the belt is Motorcraft Ford original I think.
JA: What year is your X-Type?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep, fixiing it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've unbolted the alternator to access the belt tensioner mounting bolts to get the belt off, but left the cables connected to the alternator.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I would like you to first attach a picture of the connections that you wish to remove, because there are connections that have a bolt or nut for these connections it is necessary to remove these components to be able to remove the cable attached to the alternator, but other connections are plugs that stick a pression and you just have to pull or remove the security seal to be able to dismantle the connection, so it would help me a lot to observe for myself. What is the exact connection you want to remove? You can attach a photograph using the paperclip located at the top of your writing chart, you can attach as much pictures as you want to.