experteer
experteer,
77184159

My rear wiper works and all the jets to spray the washer

Customer Question

My rear wiper works and all the jets to spray the washer fluid but my front wipers will not move at all
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I have changed the fuses
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mini cooper one 02 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I knew what to do I wud certainly have a go myself
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thinks that all
Category: Car
Expert:  experteer replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Ok, so you've already checked the fuses.

The next thing to check is whether the wiper is receiving power. For this the cover under the wiper arms must be removed.

Loosen the nuts which hold the wiper arms on the rods. The wiper arms are mounted on a type of cone, which must be levered off with pliers or similar.

Enclosed a video which shows (indeed with another vehicle) how this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLtB9ZqmrQ

Then you have to lift the cover under the wipers, most vehicles only have it clipped in.

The wiper motor usually has a 3-pin plug, one cable must be positive to the other ground, the third is only the feedback for the final position of the wiper. If there is power, the wiper motor is defective and must be replaced.

If the vehicle should not be inspected by a mechanic, then the wiring harness and the switch must be checked.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer YourCustomer/p>